There are many good reasons to have plants in your home, they filter air, they add some color variety, they have calming effects, and some of them just look really cool. Here are five ways to incorporate the outdoors into your home.
1. Herb garden: If you enjoy cooking this might just be the little nature touch your kitchen could use. Not only does having herbs help you cook it adds an elegant feeling to any kitchen.
2. Water feature: Is there anything more soothing than the sound of babbling water? Bring the sounds of nature in with small water features in your home.
3. Cacti: Cacti are nice indoor plants because they don’t require much tending but still add the color and natural feelings of other plants.
4. Sea Shells: If you live near the beach then you may have copious amounts of saved seashells. Try using those in decorating your home to bring the relaxing feeling of the beach in.
5. Wood: Have you ever seen a piece of driftwood you find interesting? Have you ever seen the perfect branch? Try bringing these elements in using them as functional home decor. A branch can be used as a hanging rod or build a shelf out of the driftwood. And when in doubt, check Pinterest!
It can be fun to stretch your creativity to find more and more ways to implement the enchantment of the outdoors in your home. Whether you’re staging or simply looking for a change try these ways to bring the outdoors in.